Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Maine: Workshops, Salad Days, Interviews

Workshop Experience
Watershed Center for the Ceramic Arts
Newcastle, Maine



















Amazingly balanced teapots made by John Neely at Watershed




a rare action shot of me!




unfired bottle set







New jar forms


Copus and his giant sparkler





Josh Copus and the scove kiln he built at Watershed



Salad Days!








Inspiration







































Final Days in Maine



Fresh picked blueberries from a mountaintop in Acadia National Park

AMAZING five course meal put on by Adam Redd, PJ Hargraves, and Armando Minjarez








Enjoying tea out of my new cup made by Kyla Toomey



Interviews

Over the course of my time in Maine, I interviewed 10 potters living and working in the midcoast region. The objective of these inquisitions was to learn about each individuals unique approach to making a living as a potter.  Each person I interviewed provided me with great feedback and advice for me to consider as I continue to grow and develop as an artist in the field. Below are some examples of a few of the studio spaces I visited.


Susan Dewsnap, Bates College

Autumn Cippella, Rockland, Maine









Rocky Mann, Bar Harbor, Maine


No comments:

Post a Comment